Holidays are the PERFECT excuse to wear colors you wouldn’t usually wear (like bright blue eyeshadow, which rarely features in my makeup). What better a time than the 4th of July to channel my inner Mimi? Which means I finally got to use Darling Girl Rhapsody (in my mind, I always call it Rhapsody in Blue), and though I didn’t really bring out the gold overlay as much with it, it is still a really phenomenal and highly pigmented shade.
I’ve been obsessing a bit over Darling Girl’s Superstar Serum recently as well. I used it in my teal liner look last week, and in between have used it with Femme Fatale’s Sea of Something (though like a fool I took no pictures of any quality), and used it with Darling Girl’s Hail Hydra here. I used Notoriously Morbid’s Garmonbozia on the lid, but then decided I actually wanted white but didn’t want to take everything off, so I settled for pale yellow by adding Daisy Bird’s April Showers shadow. I used Urban Decay’s 24/7 liner in Chaos for the base of the cut crease, and then blended Darling Girl’s Rhapsody over that, and Shiro’s Augustus Waters up from that. April Showers was also used on the lower lid, with a little Augustus Waters added along the waterline.
I’m also pretty enamored with Darling Girl’s Don’t Eat The Apple inner glow blush. I love how red blushes look on pale skin, and this one is no exception. It blends beautifully. I also added just a touch of Detrivore’s Bruise eyeshadow between my blush and contour (with Pumpkin and Poppy’s Oak Bark, of course), and I liked the effect.
I finished it all off with Mac’s Chili lipstick, because I don’t have a nice red indie lipstick just yet.
Happy 4th of July, for those of you from the US, and happy normal Friday to everybody else! 🙂
- MUFE HD Foundation in 110
- NARS smudge-proof eye primer
- Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in 01 and Secret Brightening Powder
- Palladio herbal foundation primer
- Fyrinnae Hollywood Sorcery finishing powder (applied over primer Goss style)
- Daisy Bird April Showers, Darling Girl Rhapsody, Shiro Augustus Walters, Notoriously Morbid Garmonbozia
- UD 24/7 liner in Shaos
- Daring Girl Hail Hydra (as liner)
- Darling Girl Super Star serum
- Covergirl clumpcrushers mascara in black
- Ardell demi lashes
- Pumpkin and Poppy Oak Bark contour powder
- Darling Girl Don’t Eat The Apple inner glow blush
- Detrivore Bruise eyeshadow
- Anastasia dip brow in Auburn
- MAC Chili lipstick