Once upon a time, there was a girl who would not touch green eyeshadow with a 30 foot pole. In fact, here is the very first green eye shadow look I ever did, I think:
It was using shadows from the Sephora x Disney Ariel palette, and done actually almost a year ago exactly (oh how things change…oh eyebrows). I didn’t do a whole lot with green shadows after this for a while… BUT NOT SO ANYMORE. Indies changed errthang!
My Hello Waffle order came in last week, but I haven’t had much opportunity to play with them. The buck stops here, though, because as soon as I got home from work I wiped down my face and contemplated what called to me. Debussy peeked out from around a small pile of sample baggies and really caught my attention, so green it is!
I used Debussy on the inner lid, Bartok on the outer lid, Tower blown out softly on the edge and into the crease, and Shiro Sweet Honey above the crease. I also added a little Fyrinnae Jade Ghost into the inner eye, because I can’t not use it when it’s just sitting on my makeup desk, giving me cute glances.
I will do a full review of all of my Hello Waffle shadows with swatches, but I have to say right off the bat that I am really impressed with their pigmentation. I applied all of the shadows just over NARS smudge-proof primer and was actually taken aback for just a second- they had excellent color payoff even just over that. I added a thin layer of Darling Girl Glitter Glue over where I had applied Debussy and then re-applied it to intensify the green, but these shadows pack a colorful punch!
I’m also a huge fan of Shiro’s Sweet Honey on the lower lid. I don’t typically use such glittery shadows below the eye, but somehow it really brightens up the entire eye.
I am so excited to play with my other Hello Waffle shadows! If they are anything like these ones, they are going to be craaazy vibrant. Sometimes you just need to come home and wipe off your conservative work makeup and get a bit more exciting… and these shadows totally met my expectations.
- Clarins Light HP Plus tinted sunscreen (never, never, never again. It was way too dark, so I stupidly decided to layer my MUFE foundation over top of it. We barely survived)
- MUFE HD Foundation in 110
- NARS smudge-proof eye primer
- Darling Girl Glitter Glue
- Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in 01 and Secret Brightening Powder
- Hello Waffle Debussy (inner lid), Bartok (outer Lid), and Tower (outer V/crease)
- Shiro Sweet Honey (crease and lower lid)
- L’oreal Voluminous Butterfly Lashes in brown/black
- MAC Fluidline in Dipdown
- Poppy and Pumkin Oak Bark contour powder
- Shiro 1-Up Blush (HOLY SHIT I need a full size of this!!)
- Anastasia dip brow in Auburn
- Fyrinnae Hollywood Sorcery finishing powder
- The Makeup Store lipstick in Maria Montezami Pink
3 thoughts on “Look of Today: Hello Waffle Debussy, Tower, and Bartok, Shiro Sweet Honey”
Love the combo!! Hello Waffle is on my wishlist since a while…so when they’ll have a sale or something I’ll give it a try – the musicians collection looks just amazing 😀
…and by the way I actually think that acid green really suits you!!
It seems like there have been flash sales every now and then recently, definitely keep your eyes peeled, it’s worth the price! 🙂 And even the free shipping offers are worth it, because shipping from Canada is a bit expensive (unless you’re in Canada, then I would imagine it wouldn’t be quite as expensive 🙂 ). Thank you!! What’s on your wishlist?